Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thank goodness you can't see me...

I was floating thru yet another day...and came across Maria's myspace page...and something really struck me there...



There is a world of difference between knowing what to do and actually doing it: - Bill Phillips

Nothing can be closer to the truth than that...I am a big believer in "fail to plan, plan to fail"...the problem with that is this...I am a planner, I can plan with the best of them...but you HAVE to follow thru...so Maria struck a chord in my life today, and I am thankful...but is that all I am...thankful? I know what you are asking...so...did I do it? Yup...I did...I have not run in 2 years...I have plantar Facitis...(sp?) which I KNOW is a huge part of my weight...I weigh 194...Good Lord, did I actually post that? Wow...that is what I have been fearing...the blog world knowing my shame, my failure...but you know what...who cares? I failed, I planned, and I still failed...I made choices...bad ones, but they were my choices. I am now choosing a better path. I popped in my couch to 5k podcast, and grabbed my hubby and we ran!! (well, we walked, jogged, doubled over panting...lololol) but I did it. I always KNOW that what I am eating, drinking, doing to myself is bad...but I didn't DO anything about it. Will I stumble again? I hope not, but proabably, but this time, I will DO what needs to be DONE. Thanks Maria.
Hugs
Christie

3 comments:

Stef said...

Don't be ashamed!

I am thinking about you and glad to see you are getting back on track! Missed you around blogland!

xo

KatieFeldmom said...

You took the 1st step and sometimes that's the hardest part!!! How cool that hubby ran with you!!!

PartTimeMom said...

I cannot believe the number of blogs I'm visiting for the first time in years to find that they too are getting back into the swing of things. I need to read this. Needed to know I'm not alone :)

Bless you!!